Sunday, August 11, 2019

Special Report: Migrant Detention Centers

I was in Representative Anna Eshoo’s district for years. Met her at a chili cook-off, she had a formal reserve that didn’t quite fit the situation but I felt a dedication and sincerity that made me feel OK about her as my representative in Congress.

Subsequently she became a member of the US National Security Council. I remembered her sober visage at the chili cook-off and nodded, “yep, that fits.” Unfortunately, the 2nd Bush administration did a total end-around of her committee and the NSA authorized a “splitter” that diverted a copy of all AT&T Internet traffic to the fifth floor of their building in San Francisco, where the NSA scanned all email traffic for key words. [email addresses with sbcglobal.net and yahoo.com we’re all scanned for key words associated with terrorism]

She was rightfully incensed. And her response to constituents expressed her outrage and I realized that her respect for the Constitution, rule of law, and moral and ethical principals was and is strong, intent and intact.

I’m extremely, even desperately saddened by atrocities committed by my nation, in my name, as it were. Unwilling to ascribe unflinching veracity to any modern media source regarding the migrants in crisis at our border, I quickly realized that actual quotations from witnesses, while “hearsay” in the classical sense of the word, nevertheless indicated that a more than tragic, systemic mistreatment of refugees and asylum seekers at our southern border was and is taking place.

Recently (July 18, 2019) I received an email describing California Representative Eshoo’s visit to the border. I regard her as an unimpeachable witness. Here then is an account you can trust.

It begs the question, “what must we, what can we possibly do?” I have a scornful, wary respect for the machinations of our rogue “Republican” government. I fear reprisals for those who become obvious in their opposition to the despotic methodologies presently being explored by the burgeoning corporate oligarchy. But silence and inaction is no longer possible. Thank God for Anna Eshoo, and other elected officials who are not self-serving shills, who prefer to provide honest, truthful leadership and serve their constituents well.

https://iqconnect.lmhostediq.com/iqextranet/view_newsletter.aspx?id=198074&c=CA18AE

No comments: